Terms & Conditions
Our Company Details
Topology Interiors Limited is an online interior design practice based in London and is registered in England and Wales (Company Number 10323569). Topology Interiors Ltd will be the ‘data controller’ of personal information.
Registered Address: 45 Rosemont Road, London, W3 9LU.
Tel: 0207 582 4354
This blog accepts some forms of advertising, including sponsorship and product placement. Advertisements are used to improve the blog and to offset the costs of running it. Some of the regular costs include domains, hosting, social media/promotion managing tools etc. All sponsored content is stated. Brands have little editorial control over the content we create with regards to sponsored post (or gifted products that appear on the post). Here at Topology, we only recommend products that we love and respect.
This blog is written and edited by Athina Bluff. If you have any questions, please use the contact page.
Occasionally, Topology will seek financial payment in exchange for promoting, recommending and showcasing products or services. We may also get compensation to feature products in our interior photographs across the blog and social media. Even though we receive financial payment for the posts, we always give honest opinions, findings, beliefs, and experiences.
Website User Policy
WEBSITE USER POLICY
Please read this Policy carefully and ensure that you understand them. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by this Policy is deemed to occur upon your first use of Our Site. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by this Policy, you must stop using Our Site immediately.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In this Policy, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Content”||means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means TOPOLOGY INTERIORS LTD, a company registered in England & Wales under Company Registration Number 10323569, of registered office 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU.|
- Information About Us
Our Site, www.topologyinteriors.com, is owned and operated by Topology Interiors Ltd.
- Access to Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- With the exception of clause 4.7 below, all Content included on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Subject to sub-clauses 4.3 and 4.6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use Content from Our Site unless given express written permission to do so by Us.
- You may:
- Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download Our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print one copy of any pages from Our Site;
- Download extracts from pages on Our Site; and
- Save pages from Our Site for later and/or offline viewing.
- Our status as the owner and author of the Content on Our Site (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
- You may not use any Content saved or downloaded from Our Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from Us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so.This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our Site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
- Nothing in this Policy limits or excludes the provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
- This clause 4.7 applies only to our blog and its contents:
4.7.1. Our blog includes content (words and images), that are copyright © Topology Interiors Ltd unless specified or sourced. Some third party rights are reserved.
4.7.2. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form, including text and images, is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). Please read the terms of this license very carefully. Some of the main points are outlined below:
18.104.22.168. you are free to redistribute the content in any medium or format. However, in order to do so, you must give appropriate full credit and a link to the original post. For example, adding the caption “Photo credit: Topology Interiors” when inserting our content including images. Note that using only “Image source” as a caption with no owner information is not sufficient according to the terms of the license; and,
22.214.171.124. under no circumstances, you may modify/transform the content, or use it for commercial purposes without prior explicit consent. If in doubt, please contact us and we will respond as soon as we can.
- Links to Our Site
- You may link to Our Site provided that:
- You do so in a fair and legal manner;
- You do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- You do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on Our Site without Our express written permission; and
- You do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
- You may not link to any page other than the homepage of Our Site, topologyinteriors.com. Deep-linking to other pages requires Our express writtenpermission.
- Framing or embedding of Our Site on other websites is not permitted without Our express written permission. Please contact Us at email@example.com further information.
- You may not link to Our Site from any other site the main content of which contains material that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 5.4);
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade marks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
- The content restrictions in sub-Clause 5.4 do not apply to content submitted to sites by other users provided that the primary purpose of the site accords with the provisions of sub-Clause 5.4. You are not, for example, prohibited from posting links on general-purpose social networking sites merely because another user may post such content. You are, however, prohibited from posting links on websites which focus on or encourage the submission of such content from users.
- You may link to Our Site provided that:
- Links to Other Sites
Links to other sites may be included on Our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under Our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Nothing on Our Site constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. Professional or specialist advice should always be sought about your particular circumstances before taking any action.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
- Our blog accepts some forms of advertising, including sponsorship and product placement. Advertisements are used to improve the blog and to offset the costs of running it. Some of the regular costs include domains, hosting, social media/promotion managing tools etc. All sponsored content is disclosed to users, but these associations with sponsors and affiliates are arranged in good faith. Brands have limited editorial control over the content we create for sponsored posts (or gifted products that appear on the post).
- Occasionally, Topology will seek financial payment in exchange for promoting, recommending and showcasing products or services. We may also receive compensation to feature products in our interior photographs across our blog and social media. Even though we receive financial payment for the posts, we do so in good faith and reasonably endeavour to give honest opinions, findings, beliefs, and experiences.
- Comments on our blog are welcome, encouraged and appreciated. Those deemed to be spam, solely promotional in nature or offensive will be deleted. For this reason, all comments are moderated. Users should note that including a link is permitted, provided it is related to the post itself. We reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to the blog without notice.
- Our Liability
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on Our Site.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Site or any Content included on Our Site.
- Our Site is intended for non-commercial use only. If you are a business user, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is free from viruses and other malware. We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our Site (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on Our Site.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in this Policy excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law.For full details of consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- Viruses, Malware and Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Site.
- You must not attack Our Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of sub-Clauses 9.3 to 9.5 you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
- Acceptable Usage Policy
- You may only use Our Site in a manner that is lawful. Specifically:
- you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national or international laws and/or regulations;
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use Our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Our Site if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 10 or any of the other provisions of this Policy. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your right to access Our Site;
- issue you with a written warning;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of this Policy.
- You may only use Our Site in a manner that is lawful. Specifically:
- Privacy and Cookies
- Changes to this Policy
- We may alter this Policy at any time. If We do so, details of the changes will be highlighted at the top of this page. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
- In the event of any conflict between the current version of this Policy and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Contacting Us
To contact Us, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org using any of the methods provided on Our contact page on this website..
- Communications from Us
- If We have your contact details, We may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes and changes to this Policy.
- We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time. Any and all marketing emails sent by Us include an unsubscribe link. If you opt out of receiving emails from Us at any time, it may take up to fourteen (14) days business days for Us to comply with your request. During that time, you may continue to receive emails from Us.
- For questions or complaints about communications from Us (including, but not limited to marketing emails), please contact Us at email@example.com via Our contact page on this website.
- Data Protection
- All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- This Policy, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with English law.
- If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Sub-Clause 16.1 above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to this Policy, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning this Policy, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
General Terms & Conditions
Your use of any information on this blog is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any tutorials or information available through this blog meet your specific requirements and skills. Topology will not be held responsible for any form of issue caused by the advice provided.
Comments on this blog are welcome, encouraged and appreciated. Those deemed to be spam, solely promotional in nature or offensive will be deleted. For this reason, all comments are moderated. Note that including a link is permitted, as long as it’s related to the post itself. I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to the blog without notice.
This blog includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information, some of which are affiliate links. Please note that once you visit such external sites, you are subject to their own terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. If you have any questions, please use the contact form.
Should Topology Interiors Ltd ever decide to be sold, please note that any data we collect will be passed on to the new owner for the same purposes as outlined by us. This is an assignment clause.
TOPOLOGY understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. Werespect and value the privacy ofeveryone who visits this website, www.topologyinteriors.com(“OurSite”)and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with ourobligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of OurSite;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of OurSite. Details of the Cookies used by OurSite are set out in Part 14, below; and,|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
- Information About Us
OurSite is owned and operated by TOPOLOGY INTERIORS LTD, a company registered in England & Wales under Company Registration Number 10323569, of registered office 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU and we can be contacted using the details below:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data wehold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by usis inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask usto delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask usfor a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. Wedo not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about ouruse of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Wewould welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves, however, so please contact usfirst, using the details in Part 15.
- What Data Do You Collect and How?
|Data Collected||How We Collect the Data|
|Identity Information||Via our Site
Via our Site, Typeform and our Portal
|Contact information||Via our Site
Via our Site, Typeform and our Portal
|Client requirements and property information||Via our Site and by e-mail
Via our Site, Typeform and our Portal
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. The following table describes how we wil luse your personal data, and our lawful basis for doing so:
|What We Do||What Data We Use||Our Lawful Basis|
|Administering our business.||Contact information||Provision of services|
|Supplying our services to you.||Identify information and contact information and client requirements and property information||Provision of services|
|Personalising and tailoring our services for you.||Client requirements and property information||Provision of services by us and by third party contractors ad providers|
|Communicating with you.||Contact information||Provision of services; promotion and marketing of services|
|Supplying you with information by email AND/ORpost that you have opted-in-to (you may opt-out at any time by notifying us).||Contact information||Provision of services; promotion and marketing of services|
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by emailAND/OR telephone AND/OR text messageAND/OR post with information, news, and offers on our products AND/OR services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
In particular, please note that when you enter your email address on Topology Interiors website under the subscriber area or the subscriber bar etc, you are providing consent for us to use your email address for our subscriber list. We send out emails fortnightly or monthly, but can do more than this for marketing purposes.
We use MailChimp as a newsletter service. When you agree to signing up to our newsletter, your data will be shared with and you will be contacted by the third party organisation MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/) who adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks and who will make this contact on our behalf. You can change your email marketing preferences or unsubscribe from our subscriber list at any time by contacting us by email to email@example.com by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.Wewill always obtain your express opt-in consent before sharing your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes and you will be able to opt-out at any time.
Third Parties (including) whose content appears on OurSite may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that wedo not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
We will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected unless we reasonably believe that another purpose is compatible with that or those original purpose(s) and need to use your personal data for that purpose. If wedo use your personal data in this way and you wish us to explain how the new purpose is compatible with the original, please contact us using the details in Part 15.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, we will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows usto do so.
In some circumstances, where permitted or required by law, we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent. This will only be done within the bounds of the Data Protection Legislation and your legal rights.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for up to six (6) years after the completion of our services to you.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
Topology Interiors uses Hubspot as its customer relationship management platform provider. This provides us with a safe and secure platform to store our client and website user information in one place. Hubspot also allows us to engage in form of email tracking whereby we are able to see when our correspondence is viewed by a client or web user. This is not however used in all instances.
We may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)or EEA. These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Legislation as follows.
We share your data within the group of companies of which we area part. Where this involves the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, our group ensures that personal data is protected by requiring all companies within the group to follow the same rules with respect to personal data usage. These are known as “binding corporate rules”. More information on binding corporate rules is available from the European Commission.
In addition, where we share your data with external third parties, as detailed below in Part 10, that are based outside of the EEA, the following safeguards are applied to such transfers:
We will only transfer your personal data to third countries whose levels of data protection are deemed ‘adequate’ by the European Commission. More information is available from the European Commission.
Please contact us using the details below in Part 15 for further information about the particular data protection mechanisms used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- limiting access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties with a legitimate need to know and ensuring that they are subject to duties of confidentiality; and,
- procedures for dealing with data breaches (the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, your personal data) including notifying you and/or the Information Commissioner’s Office where we are legally required to do so.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
Wewill not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions.
We will pass your contact information and requirements to third party contractors and service providers if and when you instruct us to do so, whether tacitly or expressly.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
If any of your personal data is shared with a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Legislation, as explained above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, wemay be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Control My Personal Data?
- In addition to your rights under the Data Protection Legislation, set out in Part 5, whenyou submit personal data via OurSite, you may be given options to restrict ouruse of your personal data. In particular, weaim to give you strong controls on ouruse of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from uswhich you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in ouremailsandat the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas ofOurSite without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on OurSite you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data wehave about you, you can ask usfor details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover ouradministrative costs in responding.
Wewill respond to your subject access request within thirty (30) days. Normally, weaim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date wereceive your request. You will be kept fully informed of ourprogress.
By using OurSite, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third-party Cookies may be used on OurSite. For more details, please refer to the table below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of OurSite and your use and experience of OurSite will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
All Cookies used by and on OurSite are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you may be shown a prompt or pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling usto provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of OurSite may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first-party Cookies and block third-party Cookies.
Certain features of OurSite depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown in the table below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that OurSite may not work properly if you do so. Wehave taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
In addition to the controls that weprovide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact usabout anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: 45 Rosemont Road, London, W3 9LU
Wemay change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if wechange ourbusiness in a way that affects personal data protection.
Information Collection & Purpose
Information that you share with Topology Interiors Limited enables us to provide a service to you and we collect this information by telephone, electronic and written correspondence or via our website. We may ask you for information including your name, private/business address, contact telephone numbers and email address. We may also ask you for other information that relates to the service you are using or ordering.
Should you enter your email address on our ‘homeware edit’ page in order to receive a discount code for an item you are interested in, please read the following. We will process and store this personal information internally and do reserve the right disclose it to the relevant third party i.e. the brand you’ve requested the code from. It will however not be added to the Topology newsletter, solely the appropriate retailer you’ve requested the discount for. Any other information collected will not be disclosed to a third party without authorisation first, we will, however, provide information when required to do so by law, for example under a court order, or in response to properly made demands, under powers contained in the Data Protection legislation.
If you purchase any shoppable product from the Topology Interiors website, please note you will be added to our subscriber list. We occasionally send newsletters to our subscribers advertising blog posts, workshops & our design services. If you’d like to be removed from this list, please click unsubscribe at any time or email us to ask to be removed.
Please note when you enter your email address on Topology Interiors website under the subscriber area or the subscriber bar, you are providing consent for us to use your email address for our subscriber list. We tend to send our emails monthly, but can do more than this on the odd occasion for marketing purposes. We use MailChimp as a newsletter service. When you agree to signing up to our newsletter, your data will be shared with and you will be contacted by the third party organisation MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/) who adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks and who will make this contact on our behalf. You can change your email marketing preferences or unsubscribe from our subscriber list at any time by contacting us by email to email@example.com or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email.
Your email address and other personal information will not be shared with any third parties for any other purposes, unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide them with this.
If you purchase anything online from Topology Interiors Ltd via our website, for example a workshop ticket, interior design package, interior planner, gift voucher etc, please note we will automatically collect information like your telephone number, full name & address and email address to place the order. This information is solely collected so that should we need to get in touch with you regarding your order, we are able to do so. Once the order has been completed and after a maximum period of 12 months, when the information as is deemed as no longer necessary, then the information will no longer be stored and will be securely deleted from our systems.
We also require our clients’ information like full name, address, email and telephone number so that we can keep in touch. We send fabric samples to our clients, call them if they require phone support and generally keep in touch in order to fulfil our contracted design service. In light of this, information is collected from our clients and processed for these reasons.
Please note we would never pass on a client’s personal data / information to another company without obtaining your written consent first. For example, we will not pass on your email address to a tradesmen or supplier without asking you for permission first. We will, however, pass an email address contact and name to another designer in the team so that they can get in contact with you, should they need to.
We only keep your personal information for as long as you are a client of Topology, unless we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to preserve it (for example, because of our obligations to tax authorities or in connection with any anticipated litigation). Please be aware that we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of six (6) years after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the legitimate business need for which it was obtained or for other legal or regulatory purposes.
If you purchase an interior design service order online we will automatically receive your personal information like name, address and telephone number when the order is placed online (as to place the order you must submit this information). This is so that we can contact you to discuss your design needs, send fabric samples etc. The same goes for if you sign up to request for an interior designer to get in touch, by willingly entering your email to do so, you are giving us consent to contact you via this address and to store your email address for up to a year, so that we can contact you. This information is collected through our website, after you’ve submitted it, and securely stored on our systems in a password protected document for one (3) years.
Please note if you sign up for an interior designer to get in touch, or if you purchase a design package online, we have the right to forward on your email to the appropriate designer within the Topology team in order for them to get in touch with you to fulfil the contracted service you have requested.
Anyone that is hired by Topology whether as an employee, freelancer or intern, should be aware that Topology Interiors Ltd will collect their personal information like full name, address, bank details and contact details (namely telephone, mobile and email address) so that Topology can get in contact with the person at any given time. We will collect this personal data from the person themselves Your personal information will be stored on our main server located in the UK for safety purposes. We will not share your personal information unless you authorise us to do so or if we are required to do so by law, for example under a court order. If any of your personal data needs to be amended, the person hired by Topology Interiors Ltd should request the changes via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Topology will generally keep your personal data for the duration of your employment or engagement. Once it has been terminated, we will generally hold your personal data for three (3) years after its termination, subject to: (a) any minimum statutory or other legal, tax, health and safety, reporting or accounting requirements for particular data or records, and (b) the retention of some types of personal data for up to seven (7) years to protect against legal risk, e.g. if they could be relevant to a possible legal claim in a tribunal, County Court or High Court.
Finally, Topology will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Topology Interiors Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Should any of the above take place, any personal data we hold will be passed on to the new owner for the same purposes as outlined above. This is an assignment clause.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Accessing, Amending or Removing Your Data
You may amend your registration details at any time or ask us to remove your details from our files by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from any email sent by clicking the appropriate link at the bottom of the email.
Should you wish to know what personal information Topology Interiors Limited holds about you, we ask that you put your request in writing and send it to us to the email address mentioned above. Topology Interiors have one (1) month to supply this information to you free of charge.
This blog includes content (words and images), that are copyright (©) of Topology Interiors Ltd unless specified or sourced. Some rights reserved. Product photographs used in mood boards are copyrighted to their respective owners.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form, including text and images, is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). Please read the terms of this license very carefully. Some of the main points are outlined below:
You are free to redistribute the content in any medium or format. However, in order to do so, you must give appropriate full credit and a link to the original post. For example, adding the caption “Photo credit:Topology Interiors” when inserting our content including images. Note that using only “Image source” as a caption with no owner information is not sufficient according to the terms of the license.
Finally, under no circumstances, you may modify/transform the content, or use it for commercial purposes without prior explicit consent. If in doubt, please contact us and we will respond as soon as we can.
Traditional Design Service Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms which apply to the provision of interior design services by TOPOLOGY INTERIORS LTD, a company registered in England & Wales under Company Registration Number 10323569, of registered office 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU (“Topology”) to customers who require interior design in their home. Please read them carefully and ensure that you understand and agree to them. If you have any questions, please contact us.
These Terms and Conditions apply where the customer is a “Consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Agreed Times”||means the times which You and We agree for the Interior Designer to have access to the Property to complete the Project as specified in the Agreement;|
|“Agreement”||means the contract into which You and We will enter if You accept the Quotation, which will be confirmed by email to you (or some other means of communication) and will be accepted by you in accordance with clause 4.9 below. The Agreement will incorporate, and be subject to, these Terms and Conditions.;|
|“Business”||means any business, trade, craft or profession carried on by You or any other person or organisation;|
|“Consumer”||means a “consumer” as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and in relation to these Terms and Conditions means an individual customer of Topology who receives Interior Design Services for their personal use and for purposes wholly or mainly outside the purposes of any Business;|
|“Interior Designer”||means Us or Our employee who will be responsible for providing the Interior Design Services;|
|“Deposit”||means the deposit You may be required to pay in accordance with clause 5 below;|
|“Final Fee”||means the total of all sums You must pay which will be shown on the invoice issued in accordance with clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions.|
|“Interior Design Services”||means the interior Design Services We will provide as specified in the Agreement;|
|“Project”||means the complete performance of the Interior Design Services;|
|“Model Cancellation Form”||means the model cancellation form attached as Schedule 2;|
|“Order”||means Your initial request for Us to provide the Interior Design Services as set out in clause 4 below;|
|“Property”||means Your home, as detailed in the Order and the Agreement, at which the Project is to take place;|
|“Quotation”||means the quotation We give to You in accordance with clause 4 detailing the services We will provide to You and the fees We will charge;|
|“Quoted Fee”||means the fee set out in the Quotation which may change according to the actual work undertaken as set out in clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions;|
|“Start Date”||means the date You and We agree on for Us to start providing the Interior Design Services as specified in the Agreement;|
|“Visit”||means any occasion, scheduled or otherwise, on which the Interior Designer visits the Property to provide the Interior Design Services;|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Topology and includes all employees, agents and sub-contractors of Topology; and|
|“You/Your”||means a Consumer who is a customer of Topology.|
1.2 Each reference in these Terms and Conditions to“writing”, and any similarexpression, includes electronic communications whether sent by e-mail, text message, fax or othermeans.
1.3 Each reference to a statute or provision of a statute is a reference to that statute or provision as amended or re-enacted at the relevant time.
1.4 Each referenceto “these Terms and Conditions” is a reference to these Terms and Conditions.
1.5 Each reference to a Schedule is a reference to a schedule these Terms and Conditions.
1.6 The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
1.7 Words signifyingthe singular number will include the plural and vice versa.
1.8 References to any gender will include any other gender.
1.9 References to persons, unless the context otherwise requires, include corporations.
- Information about Us
2.1 We are a private limited company
2.2 We trade under the name Topology Interiors.
2.3 We are registered in England & Wales under number 10323569.
2.4 Our registered office is at 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU.
2.5 Our main trading address is 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU.
2.6 We are not registered for VAT.
- Communication and Contact Details
3.1 If You wish to contact Us with questions or complaints, You may contact Us by telephone at 0207 582 4354 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2 In certain circumstances You must contact Us in writing (as stated in various clauses throughout these Terms and Conditions). When contacting Us in writing You may use the following methods:
3.2.1. contact Us by email at email@example.com; or,
3.2.2. contact Us by pre-paid post at 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU.
4.1 Weaccept professional engagementsfor Interior Design Services from domestic customers throughour Website and by phone and e-mail.
- 4.2 When you contact us, if requested, Topology can visit the home or space in question for a consultation fee. Consultations will last approximately one (1) hour and may be attended by up to two designers from Topology. In any event, we will speak and correspond with you to take your further detailed instructions and prepare a Design Plan, which is a tailored and personalised design setting out in detail the Interior Design Services required.
- 4.3 The Design Plan will be created digitally by Topology and either sent to you in the form of a presentation to view or will be discussed with you in person. We do require certain details before preparing the Design Plan,includingthe location and size of the room(s) or space(s) to be designed or re-designed, and the aesthetic and stylistic requirements and aspirations.
- 4.4 Once the Design Plan is completed and provisionally agreed, we will attach it to aQuotation and send that to Youeither by email or first class post. The Quotationwill set out the required Deposit (if applicable) and fee (seeclauses5 and 6 below).
- 4.5 The Quotation is calculated based on a number of factors such as the amount of design work involved, site visits required, email time exchanged, anticipated installation days and so on, and includes a project manager to oversee & assist with installation help, liaise with tradesmen and logistics assistance unless stated otherwise. Our Quotations typically exclude manual labour typically carried out by a handyman, contractor or builder for installations or renovations, however this will be arranged by us on your behalf and should be accounted for in your own budget.
- 4.6 If regrettably We cannot accept your instructions, We will inform you of this in writing or by e-mail or using some other appropriate communication method that would be considered expedient for both of us.
- 4.7 You may make changes to the Design Plan and Quotation before accepting it.
- 4.8 You may accept a Quotation by e-mail within twenty-one (21) days after the date We issue the Quotation.
- 4.9 When (but not before) You have accepted the Quotation and You have paid the Deposit, a legally binding contract between You and Us will be created for Us to provide the Interior DesignServices and for You to pay for them. We will then attach the signed Agreement and complete any blanks in the Agreement in accordance with the Quotation.
- 4.10 If you wish to change your Order after accepting the Quotation, please contact Us and We will tell you whether or not the change can be accommodated, along with any changes to the fees payable as a result. If we cannot accommodate the changes or the changes to the fees or other matters are not acceptable to you, you may cancel in accordance with clauses 12 and/or 13.
- 5.1 At the time of accepting the Quotation or not more than seven (7) calendar days thereafter , depending on the nature of the work and any specialist Products required in advance, Youmay be required topayUs a Deposit.The Deposit willbeseventy percent (70%) of the Quoted Fee. We will notcommence a Projectuntil the Deposit is paid in full.
- 5.2 If you cancel the Interior Design Services, We may retain some or all of the Deposit as set out in clauses 12, 13 and 14.
- Fees and Payment
- 6.1 The Quoted Fee will include the price payable for the Interior Design Services only. Once the Project commences, we will begin to put together an itemised breakdown of the Products to buy, which you have the right to approve everything or reject. We will then invoice you for the Products and once the relevant money is received, we then purchase the Products on their behalf. .
- 6.2 The Quoted Fee and the Final Fee are inclusive of VAT (if applicable). If the rate of VAT changes We will adjust the amount of VAT that You must pay.
- 6.3 We will invoice for the balance of fees due and owing You when the Project has been completed.
- 6.4 You must pay our final invoice within thirty (30) calendar days of receiving it by electronic bank transfer using bank details we provide.
- 6.5 If You do not pay an invoice by the due date We may charge You interest on the overdue sum at the rate of eight percent (8%)above the base rate of the Bank of England from time-to-time until payment is made in full.Interest will accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the actual date of payment, whether before or after judgment.
- Interior Design Services
- 7.1 We will provide the Interior Design Services in accordance with the specification set out in the accepted Quotation and in the Agreement (as may be amended by agreement between You and Us from time to time).
- 7.2 We may provide sketches, impressions, plans or similar documents in advance of the Project. Any such material is intended for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to provide an exact specification of the Project nor to guarantee specific results.
- 7.3 We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Products We use match those chosen by You and are consistent in the relevant room or space. There may be slight variations to the same Products as a result of differences between photographs, catalogues and other materials, and the Products themselves, or as a result of minor technical changes which will not impact your use of the Product in question. Product packaging may also vary. If different Products are required due to non-availability, We will not supply them without consulting with You first, in advance of the Project. If You do not wish to accept the alternative Products, You may cancel and receive a full refund of all sums paid including, where applicable, the Deposit.
- 7.4 We will ensure that the Interior Design Services are performed with reasonable care and skill and to a reasonable standard which is consistent with best trade
- 7.5 If you select our Measuring Service, we measure your desired space(s) with a laser measure and provide to-scale floor-plans drawn on our software. These measurements are for information purposes and guidance and we neither offer nor imply any warranty as to their accuracy and you should rely on your own due diligence. Topology designers will endeavour to scale up floorplans provided you or your contractor with reasonable accuracy. Topology does however require you to check these floorplans are accurate and correct before beginning any form of design work such as hiring tradesmen, requesting quotes and purchasing furniture and other items.
- 7.6 If you select the personal shopping service, we have the right to keep any percentage of trade discounts offered where applicable. To clarify, direct trade discounts are reserved for clients who are purchasing the products themselves via the use of discount codes or through our online trade account platforms.
- 7.7 We also have the right to keep trade commissions, finders fees or mark up invoices.
- 7.8 We will ensure that no parts of the Property suffer damage as a result of Our provision of the Interior Design Services. We will make good any damage that occurs at no additional expense to You as soon as is reasonably possible.
- 7.9 Where a Project is to last for more than one working day, the Interior Designer will where reasonably possible leave the room or space in a clean and tidy state and minimise any disruption to Your use and enjoyment of the Property while work is being carried out. We will wherever possible store all tools and materials only in areas where work is being carried out or remove them from the property at the end of each working day.
- 7.10 Topology provide 1 month of aftercare support once a project is complete. This includes liaising with tradesmen on behalf of the client, getting replacement items ordered if received broken or incorrect and helping resolving any issues that may arise post installation.
- 7.10 Time shall not be of the essence in the rendering of the Services under these Terms and Conditions or under the Agreement.
- 7.11 All intellectual property rights in or arising out of or in connection with the Project and the Design Plan (other than intellectual property in any materials, images or plans supplied by You and materials, images and plans licensed by third parties) shall be owned by Us.
- Faulty Products
- 8.1 If You discover a defect with one or more of those Products or if the Product or Products have been incorrectly described, You should inform Us using the contact details above in clause 3 and we will then contact the supplier of the Product to request a refund, repair or replacement on your behalf and you appoint us as your agent for this purpose.
- Problems with Our Service
- 9.1 If there is a problem with the result of the Interior DesignServices, i.e. they have not been provided with reasonable care and skill, You are entitled to ask Us to repeat or fix the service.
- 9.2 We always use reasonable efforts to ensure that Our provision of the Interior DesignServices is trouble-free. If, however, there is a problem with the Interior DesignServices We request that You inform Us as soon as is reasonably possible. We will use reasonable efforts to remedy problems with the Interior DesignServices as quickly as is reasonably possible and practical.
- 9.3 Topology cannot be held responsible for the work of sub-contractors & tradespeople employed on Topology jobs and thus will not be made financially liable to remedy and issues caused by third-parties.
- Your Warranties and Obligations
- 10.1 You warrant and confirm that the Client Information you disclose to us will be sufficient, accurate and complete in every respect.
- 10.2 If any consents, licences or other permissions are needed from any third parties such as landlords, planning authorities, local authorities or similar, You must obtain them before We begin to provide the Interior Design Services.
- 10.3 We may ask you to move or remove certain furniture, fixtures and fittings in the Property before we begin work. Unless You and We specifically agree otherwise,this is Your
- 10.4 You will ensure that the Interior Designer can access the Property at the Agreed Times to provide the Interior Design Services.
- 10.5 You may either give the Interior Designer a set of keys to the Property or be present at the Agreed Times to give the Interior Designer access. We promise that all keys will be kept safely and securely by the Interior Designer.
- 10.6 If You do not provide the required access to the Property or make it impossible for Us to provide the Interior Design Services by failing to comply with any other provision in this clause 10, and do not have a good reason for this, We may invoice you for any additional charges incurred as a result.
- 10.7 You must ensure that the Interior Designer has access to electrical outlets and a supply of hot and cold running water.
- 10.8 Following completion of the Project,you shall have a reasonable opportunity to inspect the completed work and to notify us of any snagging issues or other minor We shall correct the seat no additional cost to you provided they do not represent a substantial material change in the Project.
- Changing the Start Date
- 11.1 If You ask Us to change the Start Date:
- 11.1.1. We will where reasonably possible agree a revised Start Date with You;
- 11.1.2 If it is not possible to agree a revised Start Date either You or We may terminate the Agreement (see clause 14).
- 11.2 If We ask You to change the Start Date, You may either:
- 11.2.1 agree a revised Start Date with Us; or
- 11.2.2 terminate the Agreement (see clause 14).
- 11.1 If You ask Us to change the Start Date:
- Cancellation of Contract During the Cooling Off Period
- 12.1 Where the Agreement is not made “on Our premises”, You have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. In the case of Products, we will not allow cancellation following delivery as the Products we supply are bespoke and/or customised to your Design Plan and/or made-to-measure. Otherwise, the cooling off period begins once the contract between You and Us is formed and ends
- This period begins once the contract between You and Us is formed and ends:
- 12.1.1 at the end of 14 calendar days after the date on which the contract is formed.
- 12.1.2 in relation to the Interior Design Services, at the end of 14 calendar days after the date on which the contract is formed.
- 12.2 If You wish to cancel the Agreement with in the cooling off period, You should inform Us immediately by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email to the postal address, fax number or email address specified in these Terms and Conditions).
- 12.3 If You exercise this right to cancel, You will receive a full refund of any amount paid to the Us in respect of the contract(including, but not limited to, the Deposit, where applicable), less the reasonable value of any work we have already undertaken.
- 12.4 We will process the refund due to You as a result of a cancellation without undue delay and, in any case, within the period of 14 calendar days after the day on which We are informed of the cancellation.
- 12.5 the Start Date falls within the cooling off period, You acknowledge and agree to the following:
- 12.5.1 If the Project is completed within the 14 calendar day cooling off period, You will lose the right to cancel once the Project is completed;
- 12.5.2 If You cancel the Agreement after provision of the Interior Design Services has begun You will be required to pay for the Interior Design Services and any Products that cannot be returned to Us supplied up until the point at which You inform Us of Your wish to cancel;
- 12.5.3 The amount due will be calculated in proportion to the full price of the Interior Design Services and the actual Interior design Services already provided. Any sums that have already been paid for the Interior design Services will be refunded subject to deductions calculated on this basis;
- 12.5.4 We will process any refund no later than 14 calendar days after You inform Us of Your wish to cancel.
- Clause13 below applies to termination of the Agreement after the 14 calendar day cooling off period has elapsed.
- Cancellation Outside of the Cooling Off Period
13.1. If You cancel the Project after the 14 calendar day cooling off period has expired (or where it does not apply) and less than seven (7) calendar before the Start Date, We will retain from the Deposit, if applicable, a sum to cover any net financial loss that We suffer due to the cancellation. We will refund the balance of the Deposit to You as soon as is reasonably possible, and in any event within 14 calendar days of cancellation. If Our net financial loss is more than the amount of the Deposit (and/or if no Deposit has been paid), We will invoice You for the shortfall and You will be required to make payment in accordance with clause 6 above.
- 13.2 We may need to terminate the Agreement before the Start Date due to the unavailability of required personnel or materials, or due to the occurrence of an event outside of Our reasonable control.If such cancellation is necessary, We will inform You as soon as is reasonably possible.We will refund the Deposit, if applicable, and any other sums paid as soon as is reasonably possible, and in any event within 14 calendar days of
- 14.1 Throughout the Project, you are under an obligation to respond promptly and fully to us. Should contact cease for a continuous period of three (3) months or you fail to provide responses to us that, acting reasonably, we consider to be satisfactory in assisting progression of your Project, we will regard your project as completed and no further work will be carried out and we also reserve the right to terminate our Services forthwith in those circumstances.
- 14.2 You may terminate the Agreement with immediate effect at any time by giving Us written notice if:
- 14.2.1 We have breached the Agreement in any material way and have failed to remedy that breach within twenty-one (21) days of You asking Us in writing to do so;
- 14.2.2We enter into liquidation or have an administrator or receiver appointed over Our assets;
- 14.2.3 You and We have been unable to agree a revised Start Date or You elect to terminate the Agreement under clause 11 above;
- 14.2.4 We are unable to provide the Interior design Services due to an event outside of Our control (see clause 16 below).
- 14.3 We may terminate the Agreement with immediate effect by giving You written notice if:
- 14.3.1 You fail to make a payment on time as required under Clause 6(this does not affect Our right to charge interest on overdue sums under sub-Clause 6.8);
- 14.3.2 You have breached the Agreement in any material way and have failed to remedy that breach within seven (7) days of Us asking You in writing to do so; or
- 14.3.3 You and We have been unable to agree a revised Start Date under clause 11 above;
- 14.3.4 You do not provide the Interior Designer with access to the Property or otherwise make it impossible for the Interior Designer to provide the Interior design Services, and We have been unable to contact You to re-arrange the Interior Design Services;
- 14.3.5 We have been unable to provide the Interior Design Services for more than two (2)weeks due to an event outside of Our control (see clause 16 below).
- 14.4 For the purposes of this clause 14a breach of the Agreement will be considered ‘material’ if it is not minimal or trivial in its consequences to the terminating Party. In deciding whether or not a breach is material no regard will be had to whether it was caused by any accident, mishap, mistake or misunderstanding.
- 14.5 If at the termination date:
- 14.5.1 You have made any payment to Us (including, but not limited to, the Deposit) for any Interior design Services we have not yet provided, these sums will be refunded to you as soon as is reasonably possible, and in any event within 14 calendar days of the termination notice. We may, however, deduct from such a refund (or charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the Agreement if we terminate it under sub-clauses 16.2.1, 16.2.2, or 16.2.4. This can be due to not being able to take on further work from other clients as we will have reserved a designers time for your project.
- 14.5.2 We have the right to deduct a ‘cancellation fee’. This will be an amount appropriate to the total cost of your design fee or deposit, should we have already set you up as a client, undergone email exchanges and begun design work. This is to accommodate the time it has taken us to do so.
- 14.5.2 We have provided Interior design Services that You have not yet paid for, the sums due will be deducted from any refund due to You or, if no refund is due, We will invoice You for those sums and You will be required to make payment in accordance with clause 6 above.
- Effects of Termination
- 15.1If the Agreement is terminated for any reason:
- 15.1.1 Any clauses which, either expressly or by their nature, relate to the period after the expiry or termination of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
- 15.1.2 Termination will not remove or reduce any right to damages or other remedy which either You or We may have in respect of any breach of the Agreement which exist at or before the date of termination.
- 15.1If the Agreement is terminated for any reason:
- Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- 16.1 We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions where the failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, pandemics such as Covid-19, subsidence,acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control
- 16.2 If any event described under this clause16 occurs that is likely to adversely affect Our performance of any of Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions:
- 16.2.1 We will inform You as soon as is reasonably possible;
- 16.2.2 Our obligations under the Agreement will be suspended and any time limits that We are bound by will be extended accordingly;
- 16.2.3 We will inform You when the event outside of Our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of Interior design Services as necessary;
- 16.2.4 You or We may terminate the Agreement(see clause 14 above).
- Liability and Limitations
- 17.1 We will maintain suitable and valid insurance including public liability insurance.
- 17.2 Please note that these Terms do not apply to interior design services to be provided at or for commercial or business premises. If you have those requirements, please Contact Us to further discuss your requirements. We make no warranty or representation that the Services are fit for commercial, business or industrial purposes of any kind. We will not be liable to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business or for any loss of business opportunity.
- 17.3 If We cause any damage to the Property, We will make good that damage at no additional cost to You. We are not responsible for any pre-existing faults or damage in or to Your property that We may discover while providing the Interior design Services.
- 17.4 We are not liable for any loss or damage You suffer which results from Your failure to follow any reasonable instructions given by Us or the Interior Designer.
- 17.5 Topology will reasonably endeavour to carry out all the necessary access checks prior to ordering any furniture and other items for you to ensure that the relevant products ordered will pass freely into the room or space of choice, that they will fit in that room, can be transported via any door, stairs and doorways, and there are no other issues that could make delivery more complicated or impossible. However, Topology cannot accept any liability or responsibility for the adverse financial consequences of late or no delivery by third parties or items that arrive and may not fit or be suitable.
- 17.6 You agree that we will not be liable for any losses or damages or other adverse financial consequences arising from a breach or failure on the party of an independent third party contractor. You further acknowledge and agree that in regard to contractor and retailer, etc. recommendations Design Plan, unless expressly agreed otherwise, Topology acts strictly as a third party referrer and not a provider of such trades, goods and services of any kind, and all contractual relations and arrangements concerning the provision of such trades, goods and services are entirely a matter between you and the relevant contractor(s) and/or retailers and others, Topology is in no way responsible or liable for the provision of such services, and you indemnify Topology entirely in respect of the financial consequences of any breach of contract or breach of duty on the part of you or the third party provider in the provision of your services.
- 17.7 While Topology will attempt to ensure that all retail product links in its design presentations are current, there is no guarantee that the furniture or accessories recommended by us will be available for purchase or in stock.
- 17.8 Our total liability to You in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise shall be limited to a sum equal to the Quoted Fee.
- 17.9 You shall indemnify us against any costs, liability, damages, loss, claims or proceedings arising out of your failure to meet any of your obligations or any other breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- 17.10 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will limit or exclude Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 17.11 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or will limit Your legal rights as a Consumer under any consumer protection legislation.For more details of Your legal rights please refer to Your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- How We Use Your Personal Data (Data Protection)
- 18.1 All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and Your rights under the GDPR.
- Other Important Terms
- 19.1 We may from time to time change these Terms and Conditions without giving You notice, but We will use Our reasonable endeavours to inform You as soon as is reasonably possible of any such changes.
- 19.2 We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under theAgreement to a third party (this may happen, for example, if We sell Our business). If this occurs We will inform You in writing. Your rights under theAgreement will not be affected and Our obligations under theAgreement will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- 19.3 You may not transfer (assign) Your obligations and rights under theAgreement without Our express written permission (such permission not to be unreasonably withheld).
- 19.4 The Agreement is between You and Us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of the
- 19.5 If any provision of theAgreement or these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of theAgreement or these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
- 19.6 No failure or delay by Us or You in exercising any rights under the Agreement means that We or You have waived that right, and no waiver by Us or You of a breach of any provision of theAgreement means thatWe or You will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- Regulations and Information
- 20.1 We are required by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 to ensure that certain information is given or made available to You as a Consumer before We make Our contract with You (i.e. before You have accepted the Quotation and the Agreement has been signed) except where that information is already apparent from the context of the transaction. We have included the information itself either in the Agreement or Quotation for You to see, or We will make it available to You before the Agreement is signed and you accept the Quotation. All of that information will, as required by the Regulations, be part of the terms of Our contract with You as a Consumer.
- 20.2 As required by the Regulations:
- 20.2.1 all of the information described in sub-clause 20.1; and
- 20.2.2 any other information which We give to You about the Interior design Services, or about Us or Our business which you take into account when deciding to accept the Quotation and sign the Agreement, or when making any other decision about the Interior design Services, will be a part of the terms of Our contract with You as a Consumer.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- 21.1 These Terms and Conditions, the Agreement, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with,English law.
21.2. Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Agreement, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
E-Design Service Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Welcome to Topology Online Design, the virtual interior design service operated by Topology Interiors Ltd and consisting of various e-design packages and bespoke services, allowing you to find just the right interior design for your requirements from the comfort of your own home.
We hope you enjoy using Topology Online Design and spreading the word to your family, friends and colleagues!
Please note that these Terms do not apply to interior design services to be provided at or for commercial or business premises. If you have those requirements, please Contact Us to further discuss your requirements.
These Terms is made between:
(1). Topology Interiors Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales at Companies House under Company Registration Number 10323569 of registered office address 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU, its agents, staff and contractors; and,
(2). You– any person signing up to create an account, referred to as the “Client” in these Terms.
By using this Website, you, the Client, acknowledge that you have read these Terms, which will apply to the relationship between Parties. If you do not agree to the terms of these Terms, you should not use this Website.
- Definitions and Interpretation
1.1. In these Terms, the following words shall have the following meanings:
‘Appointment’ means a home appointment booked by you with us for the purposes of On Site Design, where the Luxe Package (or any other e-design package that allows this) is selected;
‘Business Day’ a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) when banks in the City of London are open for business;
‘Client’, ‘you’ means an individual seeking services offered by Topology via the Topology Website, or someone authorised to act on their behalf;
‘Client Information’ means information and documents such as floor plans, measurements, budget, deadline and digital images, etc., regarding the interior space you wish to design or re-design and that we request from you or that we generally require and expect that you provide to us;
‘Client Payments’, ‘Payments’ means payments received by Topology from you;
‘Default’ an event, occurrence or incident in which our performance of any of our obligations under these Terms is prevented or delayed by any act or omission by you, or there is failure by you to perform any of your relevant obligations;
‘Effective Date’ means the date at which you register on the Topology Website;
‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means all patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trademarks, service marks, trade, business and domain names, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database right, moral rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world;
‘Price’ means the price payable by you to the Topology in respect of the Services;
‘Topology’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ refers to Topology Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales at Companies House under Company Registration Number 10323569 of registered office address 45 Rosemont Road, Ealing, London, England, W3 9LU, its agents, staff and contractors;
‘Services’ means services you receive from us;
‘Virtual Design Plan’ means an interior design plan we produce based on the Client Information;
‘Website’ means Topology’s website at https://www.topologyinteriors.comor any other domain under our control;
1.2. In these Terms, the following rules of construction will apply:
1.2.1. clause and Schedule headings will not affect the interpretation of these Terms;
1.2.2. the Schedules forms part of these Terms and will have effect as if set out in full in the body of these Terms. Any reference to these Terms includes the Schedules. References to clauses and the Schedules are to the clauses and the Schedules of these Terms;
1.2.3. unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular will include the plural and in the plural will include the singular;
1.2.4. a person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality);
1.2.5. a reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns;
1.2.6. unless the context otherwise requires, a reference to one gender will include a reference to the other genders;
1.2.7. a reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to such statute or statutory provision as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes any subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted;
1.2.8. any obligation on a party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done;
1.2.9. any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression, will be construed as illustrative and will not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms; and.
1.2.10. a reference to writing or written includes faxes but not e-mail.
The Parties have agreed to enter into these Terms to regulate the services provided by Topology to its clients and agree as follows:
- Commencement and Duration
2.1. The relationship between Topology and Clients is governed by these Terms, effective from the Effective Date.
2.2. We will provide the Website to you on the terms and provisions set out in these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should not use the Website.
2.4. Any illustrations, descriptive matter or advertising issued by us, and any descriptions or graphics contained in Topology promotional material (including, among others things, any Website), are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the services and Services described in them. They will not form part of these Terms or have any contractual force.
2.5. The terms of these Terms apply to the exclusion of any other terms that the Parties seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- Registration and Payment
3.1. Registration with Topology is free, subject to satisfactory verification of your email account.
3.2. We may in our discretion provide an interactive dashboard within the Website which will allow you to create or modify your preferences and display your order history. There may also be access to an online support in whatever form we decide in our discretion.
3.3. The Website will display information on our Services, including the types of service available, our availability, pricing, and geographic scope and other relevant details. Prices are in pounds sterling and can be varied at any time without notice. Any quotation given is valid for thirty (30) days only.
3.4. To order, select one or more of the e-design packages depending on your budget and requirements, enter your personal information when prompted, and then pay. You may also select optional extra services on offer from time-to-time, though some or all of these may be subject to geographical restrictions. Topology reserves the right to engage a commercial payment processor for the purpose of receiving and processing payments from Clients and others, and for holding funds in escrow, where appropriate.
3.5. We may from time-to-time post on our website specifications and requirements for which the standard charging structure for our e-design service is not available. For space which measures over 4.5 m x 4.5 m or has a large open place space, or multi-functional space, additional charges will apply. Subject to clause 3.6 below, we may, in our discretion, allow you to upgrade your e-design package from time-to-time in consideration of an additional Client Payment.
3.6. There is no obligation on us to accept a request for Services, at any time or at all. If we do accept such a request, then we will contact you to explain the next steps.
3.7. We take full payment up front and will only start work on your Virtual Design Plan once Payment and all Client Information have been received. Topology expect payment within 1 week of invoicing.
3.7. All sums payable to Topology under these Terms are exclusive of amounts in respect of value added tax (VAT) chargeable for the time being at the current rate from time-to-time in force.
3.8. Penalty interest on late payments shall apply at a rate of eight percent (8%) above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time-to-time.
3.9. You will pay all amounts due to Topology under these Terms in full without any deduction or withholding and you will not be entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against Topology in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
3.10. We occasionally make available promotional discounts for e-design packages but these will not be applied retroactively to purchases that have already been made. Furthermore, these are personalised promotions and therefore only for the Client in receipt of the promotion.
- The Online Design Service
4.1 Once an e-design package has been selected, we will contact you to request the Client Information, which you should provide to us by e-mail or via our Website. This is your opportunity to set out, in detail, the Services required. Details we may require include (among other things) the location and size of the relevant rooms or spaces, the number and type of rooms of which the interiors are to be designed or re-designed, the style and type(s) of decorating and other aesthetic features required.
4.2. You warrant and confirm that the Client Information you disclose to us will be sufficient, accurate and complete in every respect.
4.3. Based on the Client Information, we then curate a Virtual Design Plan, which is a tailored digital design for that specific room or space. You acknowledge and agree that any Virtual Design Plan we produce for you is intended for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to provide an exact specification for an interior design project nor to guarantee specific results, nor will it necessarily comply with any relevant construction laws, regulations or guidance, whether statutory or non-statutory.
4.4. Where the option of ‘revision’ is included in a package, this consists of a change of up to five (5) eligible items or features originally chosen by the designer. On receipt of your revision requests, we reserve the right to request payment of additional fees before continuing further work where we are reasonably of the view that your request(s) will involve a substantial material revision to the Virtual Design Plan.
4.5. Each package offers ‘design time’ with an allocated e-designer, during which period the e-designer is available by email support and guidance or additional phone support for the premium and luxe package. For the abundance of clarity, ‘design time’ does not include further substantial design work.
4.6. At all times during the e-design process, you are under an obligation to respond promptly and fully to us. Should contact cease for a continuous period of three (3) months or you fail to provide responses to us that, acting reasonably, we consider to be satisfactory in assisting progression of your e-design, we will regard your project as completed and no further work will be carried out and we also reserve the right to terminate our Services forthwith in those circumstances.
4.7. We will offer a helpline and will also be contactable by e-mail. Response times will be forty-eight (48) hours GMT from the date and time of contact, or forty-eight (48) hours from the next Business Day, whichever is the later.
4.8. For clarity, where a package includes 3D renders of e-designs, ‘revision’ eligibility does not include additional 3D renders. Any such requests will be treated as substantial material revisions to the Virtual Design Plan and a quotation for additional fees will be provided to you.
4.9. Our Virtual Design Plan may specify other third party products and services that we reasonably believe may assist in implementing your design needs. We make these recommendations in good faith, but:
4.9.1. without offering or implying any warranty as to the fitness of the goods or services provided, a matter on which you should use your own due diligence;
4.9.2. we will not be liable for any losses or damages or other adverse financial consequences arising from a breach or failure on the party of a third party contractor. You acknowledge and agree that in regard to contractor and retailer, etc. recommendations in the Virtual Design Plan, Topology acts strictly as a third party referrer and not a provider of such trades, goods and services of any kind, and all contractual relations and arrangements concerning the provision of such trades, goods and services are entirely a matter between you and the relevant contractor(s) and/or retailers and others, Topology is in no way responsible or liable for the provision of such services, and you indemnify Topology entirely in respect of the financial consequences of any breach of contract or breach of duty on the part of you or the third party provider in the provision of your services;
4.9.3. Topology does not accept any responsibility or liability for any incorrect furniture ordered by you or a third party, or furniture that may be the wrong size, wrong colour or arrive damaged, whether or not ordered by us;.
4.9.4. Topology works on the assumption that all clients check the dimensions of the furniture pieces recommended to them before purchasing. Topology will not accept any liability or responsibility for furniture ordered by you that is not to your satisfaction or needs to be returned for any other reason. It is your responsibility to check any product ordered by Topology or by your to ensure that the products ordered will pass freely into the room of choice, that they will fit in that room, can be transported via any door, stairs and doorways, and there are no other issues that could add difficulties to delivery or frustrate delivery;
4.9.5. while Topology will reasonably endeavour to ensure that all retail product links provided to you in a Virtual Design Plan are current in order to assist with purchasing the products, there is no guarantee that the furniture or accessories recommended by Topology will be available for purchase at all or within a specific time frame defined by you in your brief to us. If prices are provided as part of the e-design recommendation, there is no guarantee that you will find the article at the same price when you seek to order it; and,
4.9.3. we reserve the right to maintain commercial partnerships and affiliate relationships with these third party goods and services providers.
4.10. Time shall not be of the essence in the rendering of the Services under these Terms.
- On Site Design and Optional Extras
5.1. If you select a package that includes an Appointment, you acknowledge and agree as follows:
5.1.1. Appointments may be restricted to certain geographical areas. Please check our Website for up-to-date information on eligibility.
5.1.2. We reserve the right to refuse an Appointment for any reason or no reason and to refund you in full or in part in those circumstances.
5.1.3. Our On Site Design option is not a full interior design service. While we may undertake indicative measurements of rooms and spaces, this will be for guidance and illustrative purposes only and it will be your responsibility to review, ensure and verify the accuracy of such measurements to your own satisfaction.
5.1.4. We will use reasonable endeavours to agree and book an Appointment with you at a time and on a date that is convenient to you, but we offer no guarantee. In the event an Appointment is varied or cancelled at your request and, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to agree a new date and time, then clause 6 below will apply.
5.2. If you select an Optional Extra service, you agree that the terms will be as set out on our Website from time-to-time and these take precedence and modify these Terms accordingly. Subject to this:
5.2.1. if you select our Measuring Service, we measure your desired space(s) with a laser measure and provide to-scale floor-plans drawn on our software. These measurements are for information purposes and guidance and we neither offer nor imply any warranty as to their accuracy and you should rely on your own due diligence. Topology designers will endeavour to scale up floorplans provided by you or your contractor with reasonable accuracy. Topology does however require you to check these floorplans are accurate and correct before beginning any form of design work such as hiring tradesmen, requesting quotes and purchasing furniture and other items.
5.2.2. if you select Product Purchasing:
126.96.36.199. we will schedule deliveries for you to a nominated address for the purpose of implementing any interior design requirements you may have, but we accept no liability for the satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose of the goods supplied and sub-clause 4.9.2 above applies; and,
188.8.131.52. we have the right to keep any percentage of trade discounts offered where applicable. To clarify, direct trade discounts are reserved for e-design clients who are purchasing the products themselves via the use of discount codes or through our online trade account platforms.
5.2.3. if you select On Site Install Help,we will liaise with contractors and other goods and services providers for the purpose of implementing any interior design requirements you may have, but this is not a project management service and we accept no liability for the satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose of the services supplied and sub-clause 4.9.2 above applies.
- Cancellations and Refunds
You may cancel our Services within fifteen (15) days of the Effective Date by
notifying us or selecting the cancellation option on the Website, which case you will
be refunded the Client Payment less a sum that reasonably reflects the value of our
Services already provided up to date of cancellation. If the cancellation request is
received more than fifteen (15) days after the Effective Date, you will not be entitled
to a refund.
- Client Reviews
You may from time-to-time be asked by us to provide qualitative feedback or a rating
for the Service, or both. We may anonymise or pseudonymise reviews on request
by a Client, or otherwise for the purposes of data protection where a Client’s account
has been closed or terminated.
- Your Warranties and Obligations
8.1. You warrant that:
8.1.1. you are 18 years of age or older;
8.1.2. you are a human, and not a computer service or automated “bot”;
8.1.3. you have provided accurate and valid information requested during the registration process;
8.1.4. you will use the Website only for lawful purposes;
8.1.5. during your use of the Website you will not create, transmit, distribute,
or store material that violates a trademark, copyright, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of others; violates the privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others; impair the privacy of communications; generate obscene, offensive, or inappropriate content; causes technical disturbances to the Website, including, but not limited to, introduction of viruses, worms, or other destructive mechanisms; create or send verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) to Topology or any employee, member, or officer of Topology.
8.2. In using the Website, you must not breach any laws in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to any copyright laws.
8.3. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the Website.
8.4. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Website, use of the Website, or access to the Website without the express written permission of Topology.
8.5. You understand that Topology uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and other technology required to run the Website. If your bandwidth usage on the Website significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage of the Website, as determined by Topology, we reserve the right to limit your bandwidth to the Website.
8.6. If the event of Default:
8.6.1. Topology will, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to:
184.108.40.206. suspend your access to the Website until you remedy the Default to Topology’s satisfaction; and,
220.127.116.11. to rely on the Default to relieve it from the performance of any of its obligations to the extent the Default prevents or delays Topology’s performance of any of its obligations;
8.6.2. Topology will not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by you arising directly or indirectly from Topology’s failure to perform, or delay in performing, any obligation; and,
8.6.3. you will reimburse Topology on written demand for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by Topology arising directly or indirectly from the Default.
- Registration and Linking
9.1. Each registration for Topology Services is for a single Client only. Topology does not permit you to share your Client name and password with any other person outside of the Topology Website. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests solely with you.
9.2. If you would like to link to the Website or Website, or both, you may only do so on the basis that it links to, but does not replicate, Website or Website, as the case may be, and subject to the following conditions:
9.2.1. you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Topology name or logo;
9.2.2. you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website/Website;
9.2.3. you do not in any way imply that Topology is endorsing any products or services other than our own;
9.2.4. you do not misrepresent your relationship with Topology nor present any other false information about Topology;
9.2.5. you do not otherwise use the name Topology or any trademarks displayed on our Website/Website, or any other services we may provide, without the express written permission from Topology;
9.2.6. you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and,
9.2.7. your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Intellectual Property Rights
10.1. As between Topology and the Client, all Intellectual Property Rights in or arising out of or in connection with the Website will be owned by Topology. Subject to clause 10.2 below, Topology licenses all such rights to the Client on a non-exclusive, worldwide basis to such extent as is necessary to enable the you to make reasonable use of the Website and our Services, save that certain third party rights are reserved. For example, product photographs used in mood boards are copyrighted to their respective owners. If our Services are cancelled or terminated, this licence will automatically terminate.
10.2. The Client acknowledges that, in respect of any third party Intellectual Property Rights, the Client’s use of any such Intellectual Property Rights is conditional on Topology obtaining a written licence from the relevant licensor on such terms as will entitle Topology to license such rights to the Client.
10.3. The Client hereby warrants that any data, information, images or other content which it uploads to the Website will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party or otherwise not comply with all applicable laws and regulations. The Client will indemnify Topology against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Topology arising out of or in connection with any breach by the Client of this clause 10.3.
11.1. Any material which the Client uploads, transmits or posts to the Topology Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Topology will have no obligations with respect to such material. Topology and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
11.2. The Client is prohibited from uploading, posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
12.1. A party (Receiving Party) will keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed to the Receiving Party by the other party (Disclosing Party), its employees, agents or subcontractors, and any other confidential information concerning the Disclosing Party’s business or its products or its services which the Receiving Party may obtain.
12.2. The Receiving Party will restrict disclosure of such confidential information to such of its employees, agents or subcontractors as need to know it for the purpose of discharging the Receiving Party’s obligations under these Terms, and will ensure that such employees, agents or subcontractors are subject to obligations of confidentiality corresponding to those which bind the Receiving Party.
12.3. This clause 12 will survive termination of these Terms.
13.1. Topology is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the Website. The Website may be temporarily unavailable from time-to-time for maintenance or other reasons. Topology assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Client communications. Topology is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Website, including injury or damage to Clients or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from use of the Service.
13.2. Topology does not warrant that (i). the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii). the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii). the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv). the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v). any errors in the Service will be corrected. The Service is provided “as-is” and Topology disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Topology cannot guarantee and does not promise specific results from use of the Service. Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted, in no event will Topology or any of Topology’s business associates (which for the purposes of these terms will include suppliers, advertisers, referrers, etc.) be liable to your or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising your use of the Service, even if Topology has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Limitation of Liability
14.1. Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude Topology’s liability for:
14.1.1. death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors; or,
14.1.2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
14.2. Subject to clause 14.1 above:
14.3. You acknowledge and agree that:
14.3.1. Topology Online Design is a virtual interior design, not a traditional interior design service, and we do not offer or imply the warranties and representations that would normally accompany a professional service;
14.3.2. where we discuss your specific design needs, this should not be treated as advice, but guidance and for information only;
14.3.3. while reasonable efforts are made to ensure our Virtual Design Plan matches your needs, the Virtual Design Plan (and any plans, specifications, lists, information and documentation whatsoever it contains) is for illustrative purposes only and not to be relied on; and,
14.3.4. at all times you must rely on your own due diligence in evaluating and seeking to implement the Virtual Design Plan.
14.4. You accept, acknowledge and agree that:
14.4.1. Optional Extras such as our Measuring Service may be available from time-to-time, but we neither offer nor imply any warranty or guarantee as to the availability of these additional Services;
14.4.2. the limitations in sub-clauses 14.3.1, 14.3.2, 14.3.3 and 14.3.4 above apply also where an enhanced e-design package such as the Luxe Package (or an equivalent) is selected involving On Site Design, or where Optional Extras are selected such as our Measuring Service, as these are not intended to be a traditional interior design service.
14.5. You acknowledge that:
14.5.1. Topology will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of sales or business, loss of agreements or contracts, loss of or damage to goodwill, loss of use or corruption of software, data or information or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with these Terms;
14.5.2. Topology will under no circumstances be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Topology’s control; and,
14.5.3. Topology’s total liability to the Client in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with these Terms, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, will in no circumstances exceed the lower of ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (£100) or the Client Payment for the corresponding Service.
14.4. This clause 14 will survive termination of these Terms.
You agree to indemnify and hold Topology, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website in breach of these Terms or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Customer Data
16.1. The Parties acknowledge that with regards to their relationship and all the data, including but not limited to customer data, Topology is the Data Controller and Data Processor, such meaning been given to them under the Data Protection Act 1988.
16.2. Topology will not use any data collected through the Services for any purpose other than the fulfilment of, and marketing and promotion of, the Services.
16.3. Topology will retain your data for as long as is necessary, and for a period of up to six (6) years following closure or termination of your account. We may:
16.3.1. share your customer data with third party service providers for the purpose of fulfilling its Services, including (among other things) account administration and informing you about Topology’s services in the future;
16.4. This clause 16 shall survive the cancellation, termination or expiry of the Services.
- Cancelling Your Account
17.1. Accounts can be cancelled in the Website by a Client at any time by completing the cancellation process. This will mean:
17.1.1. your account will be deactivated and can no longer be accessed;
17.1.2. your account will no longer be charged;
17.1.3. all of your rights granted under these Terms will immediately come to an end; and,
17.1.4. all of your data and content may be deleted from our systems (on request).
17.2. We provide no guarantee that your content can be recovered once your account is cancelled. We are not liable for any loss or damage following, or as a result of, cancellation of your account, and it is your responsibility to ensure that any content or data which you require is backed-up or replicated before cancellation.
18.1. Without limiting its other rights or remedies, each party may terminate these Terms with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party if:
18.1.1. the other party commits a material breach of these Terms and (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within seven (7) days of that party being notified in writing of the breach;
18.1.2. the other party suspends, or threatens to suspend, payment of its debts or is unable to pay its debts as they fall due or admits inability to pay its debts or (being a company) is deemed unable to pay its debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or (being an individual) is deemed either unable to pay its debts or as having no reasonable prospect of so doing, in either case, within the meaning of section 268 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or (being a partnership) has any partner to whom any of the foregoing apply;
18.1.3. the other party commences negotiations with all or any class of its creditors with a view to rescheduling any of its debts, or makes a proposal for or enters into any compromise or arrangement with its creditors other than (where a company) for the sole purpose of a scheme for a solvent amalgamation of that other party with one or more other companies or the solvent reconstruction of that other party;
18.1.4. a petition is filed, a notice is given, a resolution is passed, or an order is made, for or in connection with the winding up of that other party (being a company) other than for the sole purpose of a scheme for a solvent amalgamation of that other party with one or more other companies or the solvent reconstruction of that other party;
18.1.5. the other party (being an individual) is the subject of a bankruptcy petition or order;
18.1.6. a creditor or encumbrancer of the other party attaches or takes possession of, or a distress, execution, sequestration or other such process is levied or enforced on or sued against, the whole or any part of its assets and such attachment or process is not discharged within fourteen (14) days;
18.1.7. an application is made to court, or an order is made, for the appointment of an administrator or if a notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given or if an administrator is appointed over the other party (being a company);
18.1.8. a floating charge holder over the assets of that other party (being a company) has become entitled to appoint or has appointed an administrative receiver;
18.1.9. a person becomes entitled to appoint a receiver over the assets of the other party or a receiver is appointed over the assets of the other party;
18.1.10. any event occurs or proceeding is taken with respect to the other party in any jurisdiction to which it is subject that has an effect equivalent or similar to any of the events mentioned in clause 18.1.2 to clause 18.1.9 (inclusive);
18.1.11. the other party suspends or ceases, or threatens to suspend or cease, to carry on all or a substantial part of its business; or,
18.1.12. the other party (being an individual) dies or, by reason of illness or incapacity (whether mental or physical), is incapable of managing his own affairs or becomes a patient under any mental health legislation.
18.2. Without limiting its other rights or remedies, Topology will have the right to suspend provision of the Services under these Terms or any other agreement between the Parties if the Client becomes subject to any of the events listed in clause 18.1.2 to clause 18.1.9, or Topology reasonably believes that the Client is about to become subject to any of them, or if the Client fails to pay any amount due under these Terms on the due date for payment.
- Consequences of Termination
On termination of the Services for any reason:
19.1. the accrued rights, remedies, obligations and liabilities of the parties as at expiry or termination will not be affected, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of these Terms which existed at or before the date of termination or expiry; and,
19.2. clauses which expressly or by implication have effect after termination will continue in full force and effect.
- Force Majeure
20.1. For the purposes of these Terms, Force Majeure Event means an event beyond the reasonable control of Topology including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of Topology or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of Topology or subcontractors.
20.2. Topology will not be liable to the Client as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under these Terms as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
20.3. If the Force Majeure Event prevents Topology from providing any of the Services for more than eight (8) weeks, Topology will, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate these Terms immediately by giving written notice to the Client.
- General Provisions
21.1. Assignment and Subcontracting.
21.1.1. Topology may at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the agreement and may subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the agreement to any third party or agent.
21.1.2. The Client will not, without the prior written consent of Topology, assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under the agreement.
21.2.1. Any notice or other communication required to be given to a party under or in connection with these Terms will be in writing and will be delivered to the other party personally or sent by prepaid first-class post, recorded delivery or by commercial courier, at its registered office (if a company) or (in any other case) its principal place of business, or sent by fax to the other party’s main fax number.
21.2.2. Any notice or other communication will be deemed to have been duly received if delivered personally, when left at the address referred to above or, if sent by pre-paid first-class post or recorded delivery, at 9.00 am on the second Business Day after posting, or if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed, or if sent by fax, on the next Business Day after transmission.
21.2.3. This clause 21.2 will not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action. For the purposes of this clause, “writing” will not include e-mails and for the avoidance of doubt notice given under these Terms will not be validly served if sent by e-mail.
A waiver of any right under these Terms is only effective if it is in writing and will not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. No failure or delay by a party in exercising any right or remedy under the agreement or by law will constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy will preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
21.4.1. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms will not be affected.
21.4.2. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of these Terms would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision will apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
21.5 Topology reserves the right to revise and amend these Terms from time-to-time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in our Services offered, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities, so please review our terms regularly.
21.6. No Partnership or Agency.
Nothing in these Terms is intended to, or will be deemed to, constitute a partnership or joint venture of any kind between any of the parties, nor constitute any party the agent of another party for any purpose. No party will have authority to act as agent for, or to bind, the other party in any way.
21.7. Entire Agreement
With the exception of clauses 3.5 and 5.2 above, these Terms constitutes the entire
agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous
agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings
between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. Each party
agrees that it will have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation,
assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in
these Terms. Each party agrees that it will have no claim for innocent or negligent
misrepresentation based on any statement in these Terms.
21.8. Third Parties.
A person who is not a party to these Terms will not have any rights under or in connection with it.
21.9. Rights and Remedies.
The rights and remedies provided under these Terms are in addition to, and not exclusive of, any rights or remedies provided by law.
Except as set out in these Terms, any variation, including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions to these Terms, will only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by Topology.
21.11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
These Terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Workshop Terms & Conditions
WORKSHOP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to all persons (“you”) that are attending any workshop (“Workshop”) organised by Topology Interiors Ltd (“we” or “us”). Please ensure you have read and understand the following:
- Acceptance of terms and conditions
By completing the registration form for, or in any other way booking, a particular workshop, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below (“Terms”) and they will be incorporated into the contract between us (“Contract”). The Contract is formed when we send you a booking confirmation
2.1. The fee for attending the Workshop (“Workshop Fee”) will be as stated on the registration form for the relevant Workshop from time-to-time. Prices are exclusive of VAT, except where expressly stated otherwise.
2.2. All payments of the Workshop Fee must be made in full at the time of booking and in any event prior to the date of the Workshop. If payment is not received within seven (7) days of booking/registration, your registration will be cancelled and the payment of any refund will be at our complete discretion.
2.3. Payment will be made via our payment processor (and you consent to us passing your necessary details to the payment processor and to them processing necessary information about you) or directly to our bank account, as notified to you.
2.4. We reserve the right to run discount price promotions as we think fit.
3.1. All tickets for the Workshop shall be non-refundable except as set out in paragraphs 4 and 5 below.
3.2. If you are unable to attend the Workshop for any reason you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org provide us with the name of a substitute to attend the Workshop on your behalf and on receipt of this email we shall make such substitution and allow the substitute access to the Workshop. We may at our discretion charge an administration fee of up to FIFTY POUNDS (£50) for making such substitution.
4.1. There may be circumstances in which we need to cancel your attendance at the Workshop. In such circumstances, we will provide you with a full refund of the amount of the Workshop Fee that you have paid to us provided you give us at least twenty-four (24) hours’ notice.
4.2. If you are eligible for a refund, we will make every effort to provide you with such refund within sixty (60) days of the date of cancellation.
4.3. If you are not eligible for a refund and are unable to make the event, please email email@example.com to see if it’s possible to re-book yourself on to another Workshop. We cannot guarantee re-schedules are a possibility as this is subject to availability of other Workshops.
- Postponement or change to venue
5.1. There may be circumstances in which we need to postpone the Workshop or change the venue at which Workshop is to be held and if we do, we shall advise you of this as soon as we possibly can.
5.2. If the postponement is for more than six (9) months after the publicised date of the Workshop or the replacement venue is more than fifty (50) miles away from the publicised venue, you may cancel your ticket by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org we shall provide you with a full refund.
- Liability and Disclaimer – important, you must read this
6.1. Our sole liability in relation to any cancellation, postponement or change of venue shall be limited to the price paid by you for such Workshop and we shall not be liable under any circumstances for any consequential losses.
6.2. In providing this workshop, we are not acting as your professional interior designers or providing you with design advice. We are providing you with information and guidance.
- Your obligations
7.1. You should arrive a minimum of ten (10) minutes prior to the Workshop start time stated on the product page and pdf ticket / email confirmation received after purchase.
7.2. If you act in any way which in our opinion is likely to cause any harm or nuisance to any person at the Workshop, you will be required to leave the Workshop and we shall not be liable to refund your Workshop Fee or any other payment.
7.3. You must comply at all times with the health and safety policy of the venue. You must comply with all requests from us or the venue with regard to health and safety and failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the workshop (in which case no refund will be provided). You may not bring any equipment or items of a hazardous or dangerous nature to the Workshop.
7.4. You shall not cause any damage to any part of the venue (including outside areas, and all inside walls, flooring, fixtures and fittings). You are solely liable for any damage caused by you to any such area of the venue and shall fully reimburse us in relation to any damage so caused.
7.5. You must keep your personal belongings with you at all times and we accept no liability for any damage to, loss of or theft of any of your belongings or other items brought to the Workshop by you.
- Promotional materials and materials at the Workshop
8.1. You agree that we may include your details in any promotional materials relating to the Workshop and/or any materials used at the Workshop. We are not liable for errors or omissions contained in such information.
8.2. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright for any such promotional materials and any materials used at the Workshop (including course notes, slides, brochures, articles, project examples and case studies) belongs to us exclusively and may not be reproduced in any medium without our prior written consent.
8.3. We reserve the right to change the published programme (including the publicised speakers) or materials as we think fit.
8.4. If you attend a Workshop where there are goodie bags available, please note it is strictly one per person.
- Photography and filming
We may wish to photograph or film the Workshop and reserve the right to do so for the purposes of promoting future workshops or otherwise. You consent to us (or any other person attending the Workshop) photographing or filming you and any persons attending the Workshop with you. You may not photograph or video the Workshop without our prior consent.
- Data protection
We will communicate with you using the contact details provided on the Registration Form for the purposes of the Workshop. You agree that we may send your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (for example, to the providers of our CRM system). We shall be entitled to pass on all of your contact details to the workshop contractors and/or owners of the premises/location at which the Workshop will be hosted.
One ticket will be issued per person. Please bring a form of the ticket or email confirmation to the event with you to show upon arrival as proof of purchase. We cannot guarantee access to the Workshop without presentation of a ticket or email confirmation or some other comparable proof of purchase.
- Travel, accommodation and refreshments
You shall be responsible for making and paying for your own travel and accommodation arrangements to and from the Workshop. If you are late at the workshop or prevented from attending the Workshop due to travel delays or any other circumstances, we shall not be obliged to provide you with a refund or to wait to start the Workshop until you arrive. Lunch and light refreshments shall be provided.
- Disability, medical conditions and dietary requirements
If you have any disability or medical condition that requires us to make special arrangements for you or any special dietary requirements, please email us at email@example.com soon as possible and in any workshop at least two (2) weeks prior to the date of the Workshop.
- Limitations of Liability
14.1. Whilst every reasonable precaution is taken by us to ensure security and safety at the workshop, we shall not in any way be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you whatsoever in relation to the Workshop, save that nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to limit the liability of any person for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
14.2. Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, any fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability for which it is unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
14.3. Our total liability for any matter arising out of the Contract shall in all circumstances be limited to the price paid by you for the Workshop and we shall not in any circumstances be liable to you for any consequential loss whatsoever.
- Governing law
These Terms shall be governed by English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (together with the new Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018) regulate our use of your personal data.
- Our GDPR principles
- We will process all personal data fairly and lawfully
- We will only process personal data for specified and lawful purposes
- We will endeavour to hold relevant and accurate personal data, and where practical, we will keep it up to date
- We will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary
- We will keep all personal data secure
- We will endeavour to ensure that personal data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without adequate protection
- GDPR compliance
Pursuant to the GDPR, we are both controller and processor of data for the purposes of your personal information.
In general terms, we have the following measures in place to ensure GDPR compliance:
- employees will be made aware of the GDPR and restrictions and obligations within it as may be relevant to them, with the relevant training provided as necessary
- suppliers who process personal data on our behalf will be contractually obligated to ensure GDPR compliance
- Our GDPR actions
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer
- We have assessed our lawful bases for processing data to ensure all personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
- We will, where necessary, provide training to our employees and generally raising the awareness and importance of GDPR within our business
- We are and will continue to look at ways of improving our systems and procedures to better comply with GDPR best practice
- We will continue to monitor our GDPR procedures and processes
- Contact us
Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact us using the details below:
Data Protection Officer,
Topology Interiors, 45 Rosemont Road, London, W3 9LU.