Topology Interiors Limited is an online interior design practice based in London and is registered in England and Wales (Company Number 10323569). Topology Interiors Ltd will be the ‘data controller’ of personal information.
Registered Address: 45 Rosemont Road, London, W3 9LU.
Email: email@example.com /
This blog accepts some forms of advertising, including sponsorship and product placement. Advertisements are used to improve the blog and to offset the costs of running it. Some of the regular costs include domains, hosting, social media/promotion managing tools etc. All sponsored content is stated. Brands have little editorial control over the content we create with regards to sponsored post (or gifted products that appear on the post). Here at Topology, we only recommend products that we love and respect.
This blog is written and edited by Amy Brandhorst & Athina Bluff. If you have any questions, please use the contact page.
Occasionally, Topology will seek financial payment in exchange for promoting, recommending and showcasing products or services. We may also get compensation to feature products in our interior photographs across the blog and social media. Even though we receive financial payment for the posts, we always give honest opinions, findings, beliefs, and experiences.
General Terms & Conditions
Your use of any information on this blog is entirely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any tutorials or information available through this blog meet your specific requirements and skills. Topology will not be held responsible for any form of issue caused by the advice provided.
Comments on this blog are welcome, encouraged and appreciated. Those deemed to be spam, solely promotional in nature or offensive will be deleted. For this reason, all comments are moderated. Note that including a link is permitted, as long as it’s related to the post itself. I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to the blog without notice.
This blog includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information, some of which are affiliate links. Please note that once you visit such external sites, you are subject to their own terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. If you have any questions, please use the contact form.
Should Topology Interiors Ltd ever decide to be sold, please note that any data we collect will be passed on to the new owner for the same purposes as outlined by us. This is an assignment clause.
This policy is effective since January 1st 2016 and was last reviewed on 21st May 2018.
Information Collection And Purpose
Information that you share with Topology Interiors Limited enables us to provide a service to you and we collect this information by telephone, electronic and written correspondence or via our website. We may ask you for information including your name, private/business address, contact telephone numbers and email address. We may also ask you for other information that relates to the service you are using or ordering.
Should you enter your email address on our ‘homeware edit’ page in order to receive a discount code for an item you are interested in, please read the following. We will process and store this personal information internally and do reserve the right disclose it to the relevant third party i.e. the brand you’ve requested the code from. It will however not be added to the Topology newsletter, solely the appropriate retailer you’ve requested the discount for. Any other information collected will not be disclosed to a third party without authorisation first, we will, however, provide information when required to do so by law, for example under a court order, or in response to properly made demands, under powers contained in the Data Protection legislation.
Please note when you enter your email address on Topology Interiors website under the subscriber area or the subscriber bar, you are providing consent for us to use your email address for our subscriber list. We tend to send our emails monthly, but can do more than this on the odd occasion for marketing purposes. We use MailChimp as a newsletter service. When you agree to signing up to our newsletter, your data will be shared with and you will be contacted by the third party organisation MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/) who adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks and who will make this contact on our behalf. You can change your email marketing preferences or unsubscribe from our subscriber list at any time by contacting us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email.
Your email address and other personal information will not be shared with any third parties for any other purposes, unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide them with this.
If you purchase anything online from Topology Interiors Ltd via our website, for example a workshop ticket, interior design package, interior planner, gift voucher etc, please note we will automatically collect information like your telephone number, full name & address and email address to place the order. This information is solely collected so that should we need to get in touch with you regarding your order, we are able to do so. Once the order has been completed and after a maximum period of 12 months, when the information as is deemed as no longer necessary, then the information will no longer be stored and will be securely deleted from our systems.
We also require our clients’ information like full name, address, email and telephone number so that we can keep in touch. We send fabric samples to our clients, call them if they require phone support and generally keep in touch in order to fulfil our contracted design service. In light of this, information is collected from our clients and processed for these reasons.
Please note we would never pass on a client’s personal data / information to another company without obtaining your written consent first. For example, we will not pass on your email address to a tradesmen or supplier without asking you for permission first. We will, however, pass an email address contact and name to another designer in the team so that they can get in contact with you, should they need to.
We only keep your personal information for as long as you are a client of Topology, unless we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to preserve it (for example, because of our obligations to tax authorities or in connection with any anticipated litigation). Please be aware that we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of six (6) years after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the legitimate business need for which it was obtained or for other legal or regulatory purposes.
If you purchase an interior design service order online we will automatically receive your personal information like name, address and telephone number when the order is placed online (as to place the order you must submit this information). This is so that we can contact you to discuss your design needs, send fabric samples etc. The same goes for if you sign up to request for an interior designer to get in touch, by willingly entering your email to do so, you are giving us consent to contact you via this address and to store your email address for up to a year, so that we can contact you. This information is collected through our website, after you’ve submitted it, and securely stored on our systems in a password protected document for one (3) years.
Please note if you sign up for an interior designer to get in touch, or if you purchase a design package online, we have the right to forward on your email to the appropriate designer within the Topology team in order for them to get in touch with you to fulfil the contracted service you have requested.
Anyone that is hired by Topology whether as an employee, freelancer or intern, should be aware that Topology Interiors Ltd will collect their personal information like full name, address, bank details and contact details (namely telephone, mobile and email address) so that Topology can get in contact with the person at any given time. We will collect this personal data from the person themselves Your personal information will be stored on our main server located in the UK for safety purposes. We will not share your personal information unless you authorise us to do so or if we are required to do so by law, for example under a court order. If any of your personal data needs to be amended, the person hired by Topology Interiors Ltd should request the changes via email to (email@example.com).
Topology will generally keep your personal data for the duration of your employment or engagement. Once it has been terminated, we will generally hold your personal data for three (3) years after its termination, subject to: (a) any minimum statutory or other legal, tax, health and safety, reporting or accounting requirements for particular data or records, and (b) the retention of some types of personal data for up to seven (7) years to protect against legal risk, e.g. if they could be relevant to a possible legal claim in a tribunal, County Court or High Court.
Finally, Topology will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Topology Interiors Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Should any of the above take place, any personal data we hold will be passed on to the new owner for the same purposes as outlined above. This is an assignment clause.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Accessing, Amending Or Removing Your Details
You may amend your registration details at any time or ask us to remove your details from our files by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from any email sent by clicking the appropriate link at the bottom of the email.
Should you wish to know what personal information Topology Interiors Limited holds about you, we ask that you put your request in writing and send it to us to the email address mentioned above. Topology Interiors have one (1) month to supply this information to you free of charge.
This blog includes content (words and images), that are copyright (©) of Topology Interiors Ltd unless specified or sourced. Some rights reserved. Product photographs used in mood boards are copyrighted to their respective owners.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form, including text and images, is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). Please read the terms of this license very carefully. Some of the main points are outlined below:
You are free to redistribute the content in any medium or format. However, in order to do so, you must give appropriate full credit and a link to the original post. For example, adding the caption “Photo credit:Topology Interiors” when inserting our content including images. Note that using only “Image source” as a caption with no owner information is not sufficient according to the terms of the license.
Finally, under no circumstances, you may modify/transform the content, or use it for commercial purposes without prior explicit consent. If in doubt, please contact us and we will respond as soon as we can.
Terms & Conditions For Our Design Service
1. By requesting a designer and having a room design made by Topology Interiors virtual design service, the client agrees to accept the following terms and conditions.
2. Topology Interiors is a virtual interior design service. For a specified fee per room, we will provide a tailored digital design and select a specially chosen list of items which the client can then choose to purchase.
3. For the £125 package, no revisions will be provided. For the £250 package, the client will receive up to 2 revisions of the design, however this does not include additional 3D renders. Any new 3D renders will be charged at £50 per room. To clarify, design revisions consist of a change of 5 items originally chosen by the designer. If the designer feels as though the clients revisions require a substantial amount of work, or may change the design drastically so other alterations need to be made, the designer has the right to charge an additional fee for the extra work. Price dependent on work needed to be re-done. The designer will however not charge the client without discussing this first.
4. If a client has a room which measures over 5 m x 5 m or has a large open place space, additional charges may apply.
5. Topology Interiors take full payment up front and will only start work on a clients design once payment has been received and all information has been received e.g. floor plans, photos, measurements etc. Topology expect payment within 1 week of invoicing.
6. Topology Interiors accept no responsibility for any false, unclear or inaccurate measurements provided by the client.
7. Topology Interiors do not accept any responsibility or liability for any incorrect furniture ordered by the client, or furniture that may be the wrong size, wrong colour or arrive damaged.
8. Topology Interiors work on the assumption that all clients check the dimensions of the furniture pieces recommended to them before purchasing. Topology Interiors will not accept any liability or responsibility for furniture ordered by the client that isn’t to their satisfaction or needed to be returned.
9. Topology designers will endeavour to scale up floorpans provided by the client or the clients contractor to the best of their ability and as accurately as possible. Topology Interiors do however require all clients to check these floorpans are accurate and correct before beginning any form of design work such as hiring tradesmen, requesting quotes and purchasing furniture etc.
10. If a client has enlisted any Topology Interiors design package service, and has requested a personal shopping service, Topology Interiors have the right to keep any percentage of trade discounts offered where applicable.
11. Any clients based outside of the UK, for example within the EU and USA, when engaging in a work relationship with Topology, are subject to UK laws. Topology will not be complying with US, Canadian or EU laws, strictly UK laws.
Terms & Conditions For Our Interior Design Workshops
1. All attendees must arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the event start time stated on the product page and pdf ticket / email confrirmation received after purchase. Unfortunately we are unable wait for any late attendees.
2. One ticket per person. Please bring a form of the ticket or email confirmatio to the event with you to show upon arrival as proof of purchase.
3. Tickets are non-refundable. If you are unable to make the event, please email email@example.com to see if it’s possible to re-schedule. We cannot guarantee re-schedules are a possibility as it is subject to availability for other workshop times.
4. Any cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance are not entitled to a refund.
5. If you attend a workshop where there are goodie bags available, please note it is strictly one per person.
These terms and conditions were last changed on 28th April 2018.